Division: Diesel Shop
Department: Diesel Shop
Reports To: Service Manager/Shift Leadman
maintenance and general repairs on tractors and trailers to maintain
the safe operation of fleet.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Complete preventative maintenance on tractors and trailers.
- Perform general repairs on lights, springs, electrical, etc.
- Diagnostic duties for repair.
- Mount and dismount tires.
- Minimal welding.
- Repair forklifts, cars and dock equipment.
- Other repairs as needed.
- Keep work area clean.
- Environment - Diesel shop, odors and noises associated with
diesel shop environment.
- Hours of work - Full-time hours on rotating 4 day schedule.
Diesel shop operates six day a week.
- Depth perception
- Pushing/Pulling (over 50 lbs, Very Heavy)
- Lifting/Carrying (over 50 lbs, Very Heavy)
- Color vision
- Class A CDL.
- Tire and wheel certification.
- Air conditioning certification.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year experience or technical school training.
- Company provided blood borne training.