Department: Day Dock
Reports To: Dock Operations Manager and/or Dock Foreperson
Sort and palletize freight,
maintaining schedules to ensure on-time delivery.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Unload, sort, segregate and palletize freight and load
- Wrap freight to prevent damage.
- Properly mark and stage freight.
- Report all overages, shortages, damages and problems to Dock
Operations Manager and/or foreperson.
- Sort pallets (4-ways) and load sorted 2-ways onto R&B
- Practice and adhere to all safety procedures.
- Mark all manifest correctly to verify count.
- Clean trailers after unloading.
- Cleaning of dock area as needed during assigned team week.
- Put away miscellaneous boxes for office in the storeroom.
- Load Wal-Mart.
- Deliver or pick up freight using company pick-up truck or
- Assist foreperson by putting locations on manifests.
- Back up Night Loader/Unloader positions if needed (see job
- Shovel snow from dock locks in the winter.
- Assist maintenance department if needed.
- Sweep dock locks and under dock plates during summer months.
- Environment - Dock environment, temperatures range from 0 -
- Hours of work - 8 hours full-time days plus required
- Walking (75%)
- Standing (20%)
- Sitting (5%)
- Lifting/Carrying (over 50 lbs, Very Heavy)
- Pushing/Pulling (over 50 lbs, Very Heavy)
- Depth perception
Forklift certification (company
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous forklift experience.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Good basic math skills.
- Previous warehouse/dock experience preferred.
- Hazardous Materials Training (company provided).
- Good work ethic.