Department: Night Dock
Reports To: Night Dock Operations Manager and/or Dock Foreperson
Unload and assist in
reloading freight properly maintaining schedules to ensure on-time
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Pick and sort orders for loading.
- Unload freight by hand or using dolly or forklift, properly
mark dock locations on freight and stage freight in proper dock
- Sort through mixed pallets with 2 or more orders.
- Wrap freight securely to prevent damage.
- Back up loader position as needed (see Loader job
- Handle all hazardous materials in a safe and efficient
manner, including securing hazardous materials to the pallets.
Immediately report any spills to foreperson.
- Apply 4-star truck restraints before unloading trailer.
- Practice and adhere to all safety procedures.
- Report all overages, shortages, damages and problems to
supervisor and/or foreperson.
- Clean out trailers and secure loose nails and boards.
- Clean dock as necessary.
- Inspect forklift for safe operation and report maintenance
problems to foreperson.
- Environment - Dock environment, variable temperatures
comparable to outside temperatures. Slightly heated dock. Heated
and/or air conditioned break room.
- Hours of work - Full-time evenings, work 8-12 hour shift,
plus required overtime.
- Standing (Varies)
- Walking (Varies)
- Sitting (Varies)
- Lifting/Carrying (over 50 lbs, Very Heavy)
- Depth perception
Forklift certification (company
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous forklift experience.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Good basic math skills.
- Previous warehouse/dock experience preferred.
- Hazardous Materials Training (company provided).
- Good work ethic.