Division: Diesel Shop
Reports To: Service
Handle all preventative and
maintenance repairs on tractors and trailers to maintain safe
operation of fleet.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
Perform or complete service on:
- Major engine overhauls.
- Transmission work.
- Wheels and brakes.
- Electrical problems.
- Mount and dismount tires.
- Preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Forklifts, cars and dock equipment.
- Body repair.
- Other repairs as needed.
- Keep work area clean.
- Environment - Diesel shop, odors and noises associated with
diesel shop environment.
- Hours of work - Full-time hours on rotating 4-day schedule
(nights or 5 day schedule days.) Diesel shop operates six days a
- Lifting/Carrying (over 50 lbs, Very Heavy)
- Pushing/Pulling (over 50 lbs, Very Heavy)
- Depth perception
- Color vision
- Class A CDL.
- Air conditioning certification.
- Brake certification.
- Tire and wheel certification.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Technical school training and degree in tractor/trailer
- Related factory training courses.
- 3 years diesel mechanic experience.
- Company provided bloodborne training.