Division: Diesel Shop
Department: Diesel Shop
Reports To: Service Manager/Shift Leadman
General repairs and
preventative maintenance on trailers to maintain safety of fleet.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Repair all trailers as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance services.
- Mount and dismount tires.
- Weld and fabricate trailers.
- Perform major replacement of parts.
- Complete special miscellaneous projects as needed.
- Keep work area clean.
- Environment - Diesel shop, odors and noises associated with
diesel shop environment.
- Hours of work - Full-time hours on rotating 4 day schedule.
Diesel shop operates six days a week.
- Lifting/Carrying (over 50 lbs, Very Heavy)
- Pushing/Pulling (over 50 lbs, Very Heavy)
- Tire and wheel certification.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 year tractor/trailer experience or equivalent technical
- Technical school training in welding.
- Related factory training courses.
- Company provided bloodborne training.